Thursday, November 29, 2007

reflection on peer reading

Ever since high school, I've always liked peer reading even for my English writings. I think it's very beneficial to know what I get wrong my peers and listen to what they think about my writing. They can give me some advices for how to make my paper better. They can give me suggestions for making my paper more interesting. Also, they find mistakes that I may not notice myself and correcting the mistakes, raises my confidence in getting a better grade. As a peer reader, the most important thing is I learn from others' mistakes. For me, it's easier to spot someone else's mistakes than my own's. Furthermore, by reading others' papers, I see the different unique writing styles that everyone has. This sort of give me an idea of how I should do my own paper. Therefore, I think peer reading is very helpful in learning and getting a better grade overall.

2 comments:

Susie Greenbaum said...

hehe i cant believe you have a blog also..yea, the green sweater boy is the loudest and the funniest..but these are my older kids..i teach about 7 classes Mon, Wed, Fri, and 5 classes Tues and Thursday..I also teach preschool which are much harder to handle.. ill also read your blog..its so cool you have one..how do you add friends to your friends list?

Vivien Shum said...

hahha, i can't believe that u found me in here!!! this is actually a blog for my jp class~ wow~ u teach a lot!!!! u must hv a lot of work then!!!! hmm... i did that like 3 months ago so i don't really rmb now....i will definitely tell u when i find it out~ sorry~ >.<